Oceanside Supported Living is a vendor of the San Andreas Regional Center, contracted to provide Supported Living Services to Regional Center clients that wish to live independently in a manner of their own choosing in Santa Cruz County.
Supported Living Principles
Supported living services are based on a set of principles or expected outcomes that set the service apart from any other service. These principles are the foundation of our policies and practices at Oceanside Supported Living .
1. A Home of One’s Own
- Individuals live in homes that they own, lease or rent like other members of their community.
- Individuals choose where they live and with whom and they control what happens in their own homes.
- Individuals’ housing is separate from their services so they are secure in their homes and do not have to move if their needs, their services or their service agency changes.
- Individuals are safe in their home and neighborhood.
2. Choice and Self-Directed
- Individuals make their own daily choices.
- Individuals plan for their futures.
- Individuals direct the services they receive and have a choice of agencies and staff.
- Individuals are supported (e.g., technology, communication devices, behavioral support)to communicate their preferences, choices and needs.
- Individuals are satisfied with the services they receive.
- Individuals have family, friends and neighbors who support them in regular ways or as paid help.
- Individuals and their circle of support work together as a team with the supported living agency and others to share responsibility for his or her well being.
4. Community Membership
- Individuals fully participate in the mainstream of community life according to personal choice and preference.
- Individuals have opportunities to join clubs, groups, organizations, and religious groups.
- Individuals use local community resources and generic services.
5. Flexible, Tailored Services and Supports
- Individual Service Plans are developed through a person-centered planning process.
- Service plans reflect the support that each individual wants and needs and plans change as wants and needs change.
- Individuals have opportunities to increase their abilities, confidence and quality of life and support to maintain an adequate level of health and safety.